Loan Payment Assistance
General inquiries should be directed to the Loan Servicing department by calling 1-866-923-7112 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Along with your detailed question, please include your loan number, telephone number (including area code), e-mail address, and mailing address.
We want you to know that assistance may be available to help you avoid foreclosure. We want to talk with you about your current loan situation to see if you qualify for one of our options, such as:
- Loan Modification - Modifying the current terms of your loan to give you a more affordable and sustainable monthly home loan payment
- Repayment Arrangements - Developing a plan to repay the full amount owed over time
- Deed-in-Lieu - Signing a deed transferring title to the property over to BofI Federal Bank to avoid foreclosure
- Short Sale - Selling the property and then BofI Federal Bank agrees to accept less than a full payoff of the loan from the sale of the property rather than foreclosing on it
- Full Reinstatement - Paying all past due amounts to bring your loan current
For a loan restructure, you will need to provide Bank of Internet with specific financial information, including the following:
- Hardship Letter – an explanation of why you’re having trouble paying your mortgage
- Financial Worksheet – Provide information about yourself, co-borrowers, the property, your income and expenses and details of your hardship.
- For Fannie Mae loans:
- For Freddie Mac Loans:
- 1099 IRS form – Provide this form to show your income from investments, tax refunds, retirement income and other sources.
- 4506- T – This form provides authorization for BOFI to obtain a copy of recent tax returns from the IRS.
- Federal Tax Return – Provide last two years tax returns, including all forms and schedules, to show your income from all sources
- W-2 – This form confirms wages paid and taxes withheld by your employer.
- W-8 – For non-resident alien, complete this form for certain withholding exemptions.
- Bank or brokerage statements
- Financial Statements (Profit and loss statements)
- Lease or rental agreement
- Rental Income
- Canceled checks – to show expenses you have paid
- Divorce Decree
- Schedule of real estate owned
- Trust Agreement
- Third Party Authorization Form
- Proof of occupancy – submit documents to prove you are living in your home.
- Power of attorney
- Listing Agreement
- Purchase or sale agreement
If you are interested in exploring any of the options listed above, you will need to contact Bank of Internet at 877-764-9998 during our normal business hours. You can discuss what option would be most beneficial to you.
If you are a member of (or dependent of a person in) the military, the commissioned corps of the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration, the commissioned corps of the Public Health Service, military reserves called to active duty, or a full-time member of the National Guard, and you believe you may have rights under the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA), you should contact your unit’s Judge Advocate, Legal Assistance Officer, or “Military OneSource” at 1-800-342-9647 or www.militaryonesource.mil/legal.