What Do You Want to Know?
Bank of Internet USA is here to make your banking experience as simple and convenient as possible. If you have questions, chances are, we’ve answered them here. If not, you can ask us a question by contacting us here.
More Frequently Asked Questions Open An Account
- What is a certificate of deposit?
- A certificate of deposit, also called a CD, is an investment vehicle where you can place a lump sum of money into an account for a specific period of time at a predetermined guaranteed interest rate. In exchange for the guaranteed CD interest rate (with no market risk), you do not have access to the funds before the CD matures without incurring early withdrawal fees. Click here to open an account.
- What is the length of term?
- Length of term is how long you plan to leave your money invested in the CD. Bank of Internet USA CDs can be purchased for terms between 3 months and 5 years. The longer the term, the higher your CD interest rate will be.
- What are the advantages of a CD?
- CDs are safe investments, as amounts up to $250,000 are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). They usually provide a better return on an investment than money market funds. CDs are good investments if you are averse to risk and want to know exactly how much your investment will be worth at the end of the term.
- How do I renew a CD?
- To renew a Certificate of Deposit you may contact us in one of the following ways:
- Secure message – log into your account, click on the Contact Us tab and then click on the Click here to send an email link. Please include in your email the new term you wish to renew your Certificate of Deposit into.
- Phone – contact a Direct Banker at 1-877-541-2634 during business hours Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (PST).
- Fax – Send instructions, including the new term and a signature, to 1-858-350-0443.
- USPS – Send instructions, including the new term and a signature, to:
Bank of Internet USA
P.O. Box 509127
San Diego, CA 92150-9948
- What happens if I withdraw money early?
- It is best to leave your money in the CD for the entire term or an early withdrawal penalty will apply if you withdraw it before the CD matures.
- Are there any fees to open or maintain a Bank of Internet USA CD?
- We do not charge fees to open or maintain a certificate of deposit.
- How do I open a certificate of deposit?
- You can open a Bank of Internet USA CD online by clicking here.
- What are the current certificate of deposit rates?
- Our CD interest rates are consistently among the highest in the country. You can view our current rates here.
- What is the minimum deposit for a Bank of Internet USA CD?
- A $1,000 minimum deposit is required. Click here to open an account.
- Can I make additional deposits to a CD?
- No. Additional deposits cannot be made during the initial term of a Bank of Internet USA CD. Once the CD matures, however, you have the opportunity to deposit additional funds and roll over the CD into a new term. This can be done during the 10-day grace period from the maturity date.